Senior Manager - Operations
Mr. Oakley has over 30 year of experience in operations, engineering and training.
Walt began his career in the tool & die industry and currently heads the Continuous Improvement / Lean Manufacturing practice at Fort Dearborn. His expertise includes:
- Facility rationalization / consolidation and related workforce issues,
- Successful implementation of MRP and CRM systems including integration of their respective supply chains and off-shore strategies, and
- Implementation of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing techniques
Walt is an Instructor for The Manufacturing Skills Standards Council (MSSC) which certifies the skill level of candidate for material handing and front-line production positions. Mr. Oakley also certifies job sites for the National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS).
Certification and Memberships
- Precision Metal Association
- Illinois Manufactures Association
- Tool and Manufacturing Association