Fort Dearborn assisted the Company with several initiatives including:
• Implemented a price increase for in-store merchandise.
• Reduced payment terms with the two largest suppliers and negotiated additional vendor discounts and incentives.
• Developed food service strategy.
• Reduced number of SKU’s in inventory.
• Installed automated perpetual inventory system with radio-frequency scanning (RF) capabilities.
• Sold 2 underperforming stores and terminated land lease.
• Evaluated management team and upgraded certain members of the management team.
• Prepared financial forecast, factoring above strategic and tactical operating plans and unusual working capital unique to the industry.