• The Company has been successful throughout the industry’s growth phase but encountered difficult challenges as their industry matured with pricing pressures and declining operating margins.
• While previously working with the Company’s management team, Fort Dearborn developed a business plan to reduce operating expenses, implement targeted price increases and returned the Company to profitability.
• Once the Company had improved its capital availability it had begun evaluating acquisition opportunities and retained Fort Dearborn to assist in the process.
• Fort Dearborn performed many roles to assist the Company throughout the acquisition process including:
• Advised management on valuation and deal structure
• Advised on negotiations on the transaction
• Prepared a financial forecast for valuation and financing purposes
• Conducted financial due diligence
• Reviewed and negotiated the asset purchase agreement