Working with management , Fort Dearborn developed plans to:
• Strengthen brand name recognition across all distribution channels through new sales programs and new product offerings earmarked for specific customers based on focused market research.
• Reduce private label manufacturing for certain national retailers, shifting focus to current brands.
• Introduce a SKU reduction program based on sales, profitability and inventory turns analyses.
• Increase profitability by reducing costs and improving efficiencies in warehousing and distribution areas:
• Consolidation of product shipping points
• Implemented a repackaging strategy
• Established minimum order quantities to optimize sales
• Performed analyses and revamped the logistics function which led to significant savings
• Define formal New Product development justification/hurdle criteria.
• Implement pricing and cost reduction initiatives.
• Ultimately led the initiative to outsource manufacturing as a way to reduce excessive costs due to an antiquated manufacturing facility and union labor legacy issues from previous owner.