Truck Dealership - $200 million franchised truck dealership with more than 7 locations selling and servicing new and used tractors and trucks in addition to related parts and accessories.
- During the early 2000's, the Company and industry experienced a 20% decline in new truck demand resulting in negative gross profit for two quarters.
- Simultaneously, the Company faced issues implementing a new computer system.
- The combined impact resulted in a mid seven figure loss for the year.
- Fort Dearborn assisted in the strategic planning process, identifying immediate and long term goals and the necessary action steps to achieve them.
- The industry experienced another major decline in demand, but the Company had maintained the improved gross profit margins, continued to control costs and has returned to positive debt service coverage.