• The Company operated four businesses: Dairy milk replacer/animal feed ingredient processor; pet milk replacer and supply operation; fur animal feed ingredient and a startup salmonella chicken vaccine.
• The Company suffered through significant sales decline, and incurred very serious operating losses for two years prior to our engagement.
• Lost its major customer which comprised 35% of its revenue base.
• The Company completed a balance sheet restructuring that resulted in a deferral of interest payments and a change in ownership control.
• The Company was acquired in a highly levered deal by a private equity firm.
• Fort Dearborn Partners assisted management in returning the company to profitability by reducing headcount, consolidating two plant/distribution facilities into one and raising prices on certain key customers.