At the time of our engagement, the Company was publicly-traded and reported revenue in excess of $200 million.
• Fort Dearborn was hired to perform a review of the Company’s Canadian manufacturing operations to identify operational improvement opportunities. Working with management, Fort Dearborn:
• Developed a future-state plan for facility layout and organizational structure around value streams.
• Improved production control and scheduling processes using visual management tools.
• Increased plant capacity by identifying and reducing bottlenecks (including machine set-up time), improving delivery performance and reducing customer backlog.
• Implemented strategies to reduce inventory levels utilizing Kanbans as a tool.
• Began a total product maintenance program including measuring and monitoring overall equipment effectiveness.
• Reduced R&D costs by building on root cause findings from a R&D Kaizen event.
• Enacted measures to reduce consumable inventory and tool levels.